Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2014
    • (edited Apr 12th 2014)

Am on my phone and about to be forced offline, and so have trouble searching the literature to remind me: maybe somebody here could help:

What’s again the precise relation between spectral presheaves on the orbit category and the more refined definitions of G-equivariant spectra, e.g. Mackey functors, etc. There are evident inclusions/restrictions, but what’s their propeties (faithfuness, essential image etc.)?

In Guillou-May arXiv:1110.3571 the restriction from G-spectra to spectral presheaves on Orb_G is mentioned on p. 6, but again I am looking for intrinsic characterization of what that restriction forgets.

Thanks.

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2014
    • (edited Apr 13th 2014)

This here has a useful bit of discussion of the relation between spectra with G-action and genuine G-spectra in this text here

• Gunnar Carlsson, A survey of equivariant stable homotopy theory,Topology, Vol 31, No. 1, pp. 1-27, 1992 (pdf)

(mostly around p. 14).

I have started something minimal at spectrum with G-action now, and should add something to G-spectrum now.

• CommentRowNumber3.
    • CommentAuthorUrs

I have created also G-spectrum and representation sphere with some minimum content, just for completeness. Cross-linked with relevant entries.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • (edited Apr 13th 2014)

I keep making small additions, mostly cross-references, to our equivariant entries, to make them eventually give a more coherent story (currently they are still a bit of a mess…):

have added to Elmendorf’s theorem the remark that it in particular implies that the equivariant homotopy theory is an \infty-topos

Similarly I have added to equivariant homotopy theory a Properties-section with brief remarks:

(,1)(\infty,1)-topos

By Elmendorf’s theorem the GG-equivariant homotopy theory is an (∞,1)-topos.

By (Rezk1 4) GTopG Top is also the base (∞,1)-topos of the cohesion of the globale equivariant homotopy theory sliced over BG\mathbf{B}G.

Stabilization

The stabilization of the (∞,1)-topos GTopPSh (Orb G)G Top \simeq PSh_\infty(Orb_G) is the equivariant stable homotopy theory of naive G-spectra.