Not signed in (Sign In)

Not signed in

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

• Sign in using OpenID

Discussion Tag Cloud

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to nForum
If you want to take part in these discussions either sign in now (if you have an account), apply for one now (if you don't).
    • CommentRowNumber1.
    • CommentAuthordomenico_fiorenza
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2011
    • (edited Jul 30th 2011)

We are hereby submitting our article A short note on infinity-groupoids and the period map for projective manifolds to the nnJournal.

article type: expository article

submission type: author submission of arXiv article, arXiv:0911.3845

(note however that the submitted version is a slightly expanded version with respect to the arXiv version; also a few typos have been fixed in the submitted version. In case the article will be accepted for publication, the arXiv version will be updated accordingly)

Domenico Fiorenza

Elena Martinengo

• CommentRowNumber2.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2011

Thanks. In the absence of a working editorial board, it is still the nnLab steering committee which has to handle this. I will initiate the relevant processes there. As soon as I know more, I’ll drop you a note.

1. ok, thanks. I’ve now edited the post above including the “article type” and “submission type” fields.

• CommentRowNumber4.
    • CommentAuthordomenico_fiorenza
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2011
    • (edited Dec 25th 2011)

I just spotted an unpleasant inaccuracy in the submitted version of the article: on page 7 it is said that from a long exact sequence of homotopy groups π 1(F)π 1(E)π 1(B)π 0(F)π 0(E)\cdots \pi_1(F)\to \pi_1(E)\to \pi_1(B)\to \pi_0(F)\to \pi_0(E)\to\cdots it follows that one has an isomorphism of pointed sets π 0(F)π 1(B)/i *π 1(E)\pi_0(F)\simeq \pi_1(B)/\i_*\pi_1(E). this is clearly not true unless the map π 0(F)π 0(E)\pi_0(F)\to \pi_0(E) is the trivial one: what is isomorphic to π 1(B)/i *π 1(E)\pi_1(B)/\i_*\pi_1(E) is manifestly the preimage of the distinct point in π 0(E)\pi_0(E) via the map π 0(F)π 0(E)\pi_0(F)\to \pi_0(E). this is however what is actually needed in the article, and what confused me in writing that line. would it be possible to advice the referee of this? thanks.

2. Luckily the inaccuracy spotted yesterday was not affecting anything else in the article, so a very local correction has been enough to fix it. I should always remember the golden rule: never never look into an article once it is submitted, especially at Christmas :)

I’ve now uploaded the corrected version at A short note on infinity-groupoids and the period map for projective manifolds

• CommentRowNumber6.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2011

Okay, thanks, I have forwarded these messages now to the referee.

3. thanks!

• CommentRowNumber8.
    • CommentAuthorUrs
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2012

We now have the referee report. As soon as there is further news, I’ll inform you all.